Top 5 Menorca's best beaches 2018
If you are planning your next trip, you should consider Menorca as your possible destination. An island with a lot of charm will make you fall in love with its beaches and landscapes.
Menorca is a part of the archipelago of the Balearic Islands, a group of islands bathed by the Mediterranean Sea, and whose capital is Mahón. Being the third island in terms of its population number, after Majorca and Ibiza, it becomes an ideal retreat destination and a quiet leisure. It would be an ideal course to enjoy family tourism, accompanied by the little ones, or simply get lost in it with your partner. An idyllic, serene and virginal place where unexplored places still exist.
Undoubtedly, the biggest attraction of that island are its magnificent and paradisiacal beaches. In Assen Eyewear we are true lovers of Menorca and its nature, the sea and its beaches, as they have been, yet still are, the inspiration of our Menorca Collection. So, here we bring you the best selection of beaches, which we would like to share with travelers, who are part of our trip.
If you want to access the most majestic beaches and coves you have to prepare to walk, being that in many of them the direct access with the vehicle doesn’t exist. A good tool for the conservation of the environment and the preservation of Menorcan nature and its fantastic beaches, such as the Biosphere Reserve.
1. Cala Pilar, one of our most favorites. It is located in the northwest part of the island and forms a natural bay. The peculiarity lies in that it is an island framed by red clay rocks, which gives it that impetuosity. It is necessary to take into account that your access is difficult, so you have to prepare for a walk. Of course, a walk through a forest of pines and oaks, where you can enjoy the characteristic perfume of these trees.
Do not forget about the necessary water supply, since in Cala Pilar there are no services available. An oasis within a natural, wild and imperious place.
Cala Pilar is part of the Marine Reserve, where fishing is prohibited. It is a good point to snorkel and enjoy the most emblematic marine spices of the islands.
Warning, try to avoid doing mud baths, insomuch as this practice causes erosion in the rocky bases, as well as extinction of vegetation typical of this place.
2. Cala Mitjana is one of the most famous and frequented by what it offers: white and silky sand, transparent and crystalline waters. A combination of colors that invites relaxation and rest. Surrounded by typical cliffs of the island with white color, it invites you to bathe in its turquoise waters.
To reach that wonderful beach you will have to walk about 20 minutes from the parking, through the pine forest, so the road will be very pleasant.
3. Cala Macarella and Macarelleta. One of the most famous beaches of the island of Menorca and with good reason. The colors that beach presents are spectacular: live and charged turquoise, which looks like spilled watercolor. Bordered by green pine trees, which give a circular shape to the beach, almost like a natural pool.
The walking path that is expected to reach this beach is rather small, only 15 minutes from the free parking (also available for a fee).
Note that it is one of the busiest beaches, so depending on the time of your visit may be more or less burdened by the influx of tourists.
4. La Cala Pregonada is another of the contrasts offered by the island. Reddish sand, thicker and bushy, almost like a Persian carpet. Crystal clear water, blue and deep. And a diadem of red rocks that surround the beach and shape it.
Keep in mind that it is a true virginal beach, so access to it takes about 30 minutes on foot. So get plenty of water, sunscreen and umbrella, as there is no shade on that beach.
5. Cala Escorxada. If you really want to be away from the tourist crowds, then you have to consider coming to this cove. A beach far from the human eye, but with a walking path that lasts no less than an hour. Yes, a great sacrifice, but nothing impossible. Cream, water, comfortable shoe and sunglasses. It goes through story paths, passes through cliffs and pine forests. When you get to that beach, you will enjoy bathing in the sea like you have never done before.
Here you have the 5 best beaches according to Assen Eyewear's criteria. We would love you to visit this island and know its beaches and its nature. Admire your views through our Menorca Turquiose, Ember Red or Pine Wood models, they can all be your companions on the trip to the Balearic Islands.